Thursday, January 29, 2009
Advertising Assignment
My newest assignment in my professional writing class is to write advertising copy. My task is to pick one item, and write an advertisement about it based on three very different types of audiences. My first audience is younger, and more frugal. The second audience is more of a soccer mom/professional type of buyer. The third audience is a highly sophisticated, well educated shopper with almost unlimited amounts of money to spend. Since I am a more frugal shopper, with the motto "if it's not on sale it's not for sale", writing advertisements in a more luxurious, and more story-like tone will be a challenge for me. At the same time, I really like writing creatively and I think writing advertisements are the epitone of creative writing. I am looking forward to doing this assignment and can't wait to see the final product.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment